Monday, January 12, 2009

Hack hack hack!

Oh my goodness! Ever since we got home, at least one person in our house has been sick with a cold. It's the hacking kind that seems to be nonstop all day and night long ... cough cough cough. I don't know about anyone else but the sound of my kid's coughing is one of the most aggravating sounds to me. It's not that I get frustrated with them, because I know they can't help it, poor babies, they are so tired of doing all that coughing! It's just that it gives me the feeling in the pit of my stomach - it's mostly a feeling of helplessness. I give them cough syrup and soup and Gatorade, but beyond that there's nothing much else I can do! Just wait till they get better. But in the meantime ... hack hack hack, cough cough cough. All day, all night! And, cough cough, I am starting to feel a bit congested myself. Oh noooo!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sad. But I'd rather it be a cold than the Stomach Flu - still NO fun.

Jillian said...

I hope you guys start feeling better soon!

Rachel said...

So sorry...we're just getting over that. I know the feeling. Mucinex and Tylenol Cold and Cough have become friends to my Ethan lately. Good luck...I hope you all feel better SOON!

Tara James said...

Tell yourself your not getting sick, you dont have time. A little mind over matter works sometimes. Hang in there..

emlizalmo said...

Hate it...those sick for a month kind of months! I hope everyone is feeling well soon. :(

Kami Schultz said...

It's that time of year--so sad! Here's to Vitamin C and early to bed! :)

Just FYI--saw that you just finished The Bean Trees. How was it? I LOVE Kingsolver and got about halfway through the Bean Trees before it was due back at the library. I love the way she writes, even though she handles some tough topics sometimes. Maybe your review will motivate me to finish it?! Have you read any of her other books? We should chat!!