Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sledding (and Biffing It) at Rock Canyon Park

It seems Rock Canyon Park was the place to go this year for sledding. Every person I've talked to recently says they were there on the exact same day we were! It was CROWDED!! Ethan HATED IT! Scott and I each took him down the hill once, he got snow in his face both times and refused to go again. Marley, on the other hand, LOVED IT! She actually asked to go down by herself and she kept going again and again.

This is Marley going down the hill all by herself. She was seriously the little expert after only a few runs. Of course we still had to help her up the hill when she was done but it was worth it to see that smile on her face. The day was so perfect ... until about ten seconds after I took this video. Someone asked me a question and I turned around for about 5 seconds. All of a sudden I got sideswiped by a group of 3 or 4 adults hooked together on tubes - completely knocked my feet out from underneath me, flipped me half way around and I slammed back into the ground and smacked the side of my head and shoulder. I laid there for about, oh I don't even know how long, with the air knocked out of me. I'm pretty sure I said a bad word or two in between gasps for air. I thought for sure my shoulder was dislocated. The crappy thing ... the people who knocked me over never even came over to see how I was or help me up. Scott walked down from the top of the hill and we struggled back to the top. The funny thing is that when we got back up to the top again, Marley begged to go one more time! Sorry babe, it just wasn't going to happen.

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

gvnbmnvb...from Molly. She loves this little video clip. :) 48451515