Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cheeeeeese!

I love cheese. My kids love cheese. I'm wondering if it might be a genetic trait. I loved cheese so much when I was a kid that, when I was in the third grade, my mom gave me a grated cheese sandwich every day for lunch. (Grated cheese sandwich = grated cheese mixed with Miracle Whip on white bread. I know you're heading for the kitchen right now to try it out!) Even now I probably eat way too much of it - cheese crisps or nachos or grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
And my kids love it just as much as I do.The thing is that I don't think that they like it just because I do but they really love it. When they ask for a snack they will choose a slice of cheese over fruit snacks any old day. In fact, Marley asked for a slice of cheese at lunch the other day, but not just to nibble on. No, she thought she could enhance the flavor of her peanut butter and jelly sandwich by sliding the cheese between the slices of bread! And I quote ... "Mmmm, delicous!"

5 comments:

MommyMert said...

Whats not to love about cheese?? Except that feta junk. :) Marley... hmm... pb & j with cheese. dunno if I will be giving that one a whirl, but I have had a grated cheese one before. Hope you had a marverlous bday dinner at the Olive Garden!! WooHoOoo for Melissas Bday! :)

Michelle said...

I love cheese, but that shredded cheese and miracle whip business sounds like garbage.

Rachel said...

I LOVE CHEESE! Yeah, I put it on everything...but here's one of my favorites. A thick slice of cheddar melted over a hot cinnamon roll. Don't say anything until you've tried it! It's my Christmas morning tradition. Cheesy cinnamon roll and chocolate milk.

emlizalmo said...

Mmmm...I'd like to place an order for a large PBJ/extra cheese, please. :)

emlizalmo said...

Mmmm...I'd like to place an order for a large PBJ/extra cheese, please. :)