Friday, February 27, 2009

Ouch!

Ethan burned his itty bitty little finger! It's so sad, it makes me want to cry. I will tell you how it happened if you promise not to think less of me or condemn me forever as a terrible mother ... Marley likes to help make the macaroni and cheese and Ethan likes to do everything Marley does. So the other day Ethan pushed the chair over to the stove while I was making some lunch and begged to help make the macaroni. So I let him stay to watch. But I kept saying over and over "Do not touch, HOT!" I said it at least five times. So what does he do? He puts his little finger smack dab on the burner! He just reaches out and sticks it right on the hottest part he could! Oh man! We stuck it in a cup of ice water and I didn't know for sure how bad it was going to be but a couple of hours later it turned into this terrible blister.
Look at that sad face! He kept coming up to me throughout the day asking me to kiss it better! The good news: the next day he barely even noticed it was there. The blister is still pretty huge but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Man, it's a good thing kids are so resilient!

5 comments:

Sharene said...

Oh man, that looks painful. Of course I would never think less of you because of something like that. There are many times I think, what was I thinking? I'm the worst monther, and I'm sure it will only get worse from here on out. Thanks for such a fun night tonight! We had a great time. In the next couple of weeks we would like to have you guys over and hopefully it will be warm enough to do a barbecue!

Kristin said...

Oh, bless his little heart.

I love it when they need my kisses to make it all better though. Makes me feel needed or something.

emlizalmo said...

Yeah...that was one nasty blister...one that didn't even seem to faze him. Why is he so cute?

andrea said...

Looking at that blister just makes me hurt all over, poor baby. Give him a kiss for me.

Merfy said...

One of my kids did that same thing! It was a nasty burn! I am glad he is doing OK and you are a great mom!

Meredith