Thursday, February 19, 2009
Doctor Check-up / Funny Story
I went back to the doctor's office last week for a check-up. There were a couple of things that I wanted to know ... during the preliminary visit, for example, the doctor didn't really think that the fibroid would have much, if anything, to do with my dizzy spells or fatigue. I knew they had to be related though. Sure enough the doctor began explaining, again, how bizarre a situation my condition was! I guess the fibroid had grown in an unusual place than any other ones he has ever seen. The mass was pushing a lot of organs out of the way and also pushing down on some very large blood veins. I asked him if this was a possible explanation for the fainting and fatigue and he said it was definitely the cause. I was relieved to know we had taken care of the most aggravating symptoms with this surgery. He told me that if he had known what a big operation this turned out being, he never would have even started. He would much rather have had a regular surgeon doing the operating considering the area was in a pretty dangerous location. Other than that, my incision looks like it's healing well - still no heavy lifting or vacuuming (like I ever did much of that anyways!). He asked if I wanted any more Loritabs and I said I thought I wouldn't really be needing them but he insisted! I guess that means he was pretty sure I would still be hurting for some time! Right now I'm glad he insisted ... I'm still feeling pretty darn sore. My insides are so bruised feeling, I'm wondering when it will ever start feeling normal again. But the worst is over so I am thankful for that.
While we were waiting to see the doctor, the kids were playing in the kid area where they had a little kitchen. They love to pretend ... this time they were waiters and taking mine and Scott's orders. I happened to have my coat on my lap and up to my neck, covering my arms. Ethan brought us his imaginary creation and said "here you go, mommy!" He wanted me to take it from him but my hands were under the coat. So he picked up one of the sleeves, got a really scared look on his face and says "uh-oh!" He was so serious, my arms were missing! So he looked at the other (empty) coat arm and said, "uh-oh!" again and then "you ok, mommy?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry you are still hurting. :( So sad for this, but that is a funny story. :)
Funny story! And that picture is ADORABLE!
I can just imagine poor Ethan looking up at you and saying "you ok, mommy?" Little kids, to them anything is possible.
That's hilarious...I bet you wanted to eat him up right then and there!
Post a Comment